It’s almost 2019 and I have to tell you, I couldn’t be more thrilled.
I must say that I love a fresh start; however, I don’t believe that a fresh start has to happen at the first of the year. A fresh start can be made any day. Seriously. This is something I always tell myself. Because, let’s be honest, sometimes we really need a reboot and we can’t always wait for the first of the year, month or even week sometimes. Before the beginning of a new month, I make a list of intentions that I want to focus on. I do them every month, as I have for the last several years. I am sure you know what they are but I like the reminder…
My intentions cover a variety of topics – nothing is off limits here. I always have one intention that is environmentally focused (my way of playing my part and a good reminder that I can make a difference) and at least one intention that is self-care (I can’t take care of others unless I take care of myself first). So without further ado, here are my seven intentions for January 2019:
01. Use cloth napkins each time I eat at home or pack a lunch.
02. Find a new yoga studio.
03. Prepare an overall budget for 2019. Where do I want to spend my money? What do I want to invest in? I always prepare a monthly budget but I want to start focusing more on my overall budget for the year. What big expenditures will I have? What do I need? (This year it will be a new car.) Where do I want to go?
04. Take my niece out to lunch and a movie…just the two of us.
05. Buy fresh flowers each week. In winter I have a tendency not to buy fresh flowers as I do in spring, summer, and fall. I don’t know the reason for this, but it has to change as fresh flowers make me happy.
06. Let go! Of trying to control the outcome. Of things that do not serve you. Of negative thoughts. Of striving for perfection. Of planning every single last detail.
07. Start the Course in Miracles Workbook. (I do this each January.)
You may ask why seven? I feel that five is never enough and ten is too many. Seven is manageable and keeps me looking forward to the next month.
What, my friends, are your intentions for January?